Perched on the high side of the road, this beach cottage is one of the few originals left.
The address pretty much says what is it. A Road on a Hillside. And this single-storey charmer is sitting pretty snugly into its lot, a short walk to the beach.
A quaint pathway leads you to the house, you'll have had your back to the view. And what a view. District, sure, with a bit of ocean, but absolutely panoramic.
A sunny new timber deck delivers you to the front door, into a light-filled entrance hall, opening to a high ceilinged living room, with a large open plan kitchen - with a fireplace begging for a wood-burning stove to be installed - and a well delineated dining area.
Full of light, freshly painted and washed, the timber floors throughout add to the beach vibe. Facing the view are a brace of good double bedrooms, each with built-in wardrobes, and one with an easy opportunity to add an ensuite bathroom. Another shaded bedroom is at the rear, and all share a well-sized modern family bathroom, combined with laundry.
Outside, mature Murraya and box hedges add privacy to terraced gardens at the front.
To the rear are more terraced levels, which offer a huge opportunity to a determined gardener with hill climbing in their genes. It is steep, and honestly needs a bit of work. But the potential is enormous, and the views really breath-taking.
Neighbouring properties have capitalised on the location by adding another storey, and that is certainly where the opportunity lies here.
• Light, bright, original beach house, loads of charm
• Super private indoor & outdoor entertaining areas, high French doors
• Three generous bedrooms, white washed floors, high ceilings
• Potential to add value through improvement and extension
• Tranquil charming views from romantic hideaway location
• Quiet location, one of Newport's most popular cul-de-sacs
• Short walk to Newport Beach & shops, city transport and playing fields